Bebo dating website dating exorcist fairbiz biz

They will collect any evidence that shows that the crime was committed – they might take photos of injuries or damage to property, or take a record of any documents or phone messages left.

They will ask you, and any witnesses (people who heard or saw what happened, or who you spoke to about it) to make a statement about what happened which they will type up.

If the police think you are in immediate danger, they can issue a Family Violence Safety Notice.

That’s a notice that might say that the violent person is not allowed to hurt you or come near you. Then a magistrate at a Magistrates court will decide whether you need ongoing protection from the violent person.

When police arrive (they will usually knock, but can use force to enter a house if necessary), they should find out what happened, assess your safety (and the safety of your children if you have any) and also find out whether any criminal offences have been committed.

According to Victoria Police guidelines, these are some of the things they should do: If you are worried that your BF/GF/partner will punish you for calling them, you can tell the police this.

The magistrate may make an “Intervention Order “, which prevents the violent partner from coming near you (see below).

If police think there is a risk you could be harmed again, they can take out, or help you to take out, an Intervention Order.

NOTE: The following information applies to police in Victoria, Australia.

Police may do things differently in other states and territories.

Victoria Police guidelines say they have to take any form of family violence seriously – this includes violence from a boyfriend, girlfriend, or partner – including a same-sex partner.

Police can take action to help stop your BF/GF/partner from hurting you again.

Whatever action police take, they should talk to you about it and explain it to you.

Leave a Reply